Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service entails saving and/or sharing particular web content on a web server administered by a website hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a glance at them. Thus, you can pick what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a site, mail addresses, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain companies, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans frequently include ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the load between independent bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a big number of images with comrades or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your emails. Some firms provide web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email solution. If you would like to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to administer as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a web site. To some extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content only.